Thursday, September 29, 2011

Happiness

I guess it's only fitting to have my first post include the song that inspired the name of this blog: Awake My Soul by Mumford and Sons. I didn't so much pick the name because I love the lyrics, but because I think that music has the power to awaken the soul. I hear a good song and it lights up my whole day. There's a song for every emotion anyone could possibly experience. It's probably one of the reasons I love music most. Through the lyrics, I find the words that describe how I'm feeling.



And sometimes it's just the music itself. Balmorhea's song Lament comes to mind. Talk about powerful. There are no lyrics to let you know what it's about but I imagine something incredibly sad and yet empowering. I feel like even though the music is almost mournful, it picks up and makes me think someone's fighting for what they believe it. Be it love, their health, whatever. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment