Friday, November 4, 2011

Good times, great music

The weather is cooler, I've had a few drinks tonight, and I'm just in a great mood. Lots of songs I've been meaning to post so I'll start with the top of my list and see if we get to the bottom :)

"Satellite" by Guster

This song brings back such fond memories of the end of high school and beginning of college. It especially makes me think of one of my closest friends, Stephanie, because she's who introduced me to this band. I would blare this song in my car at night while driving in the car, windows down and belting out the lyrics. I think it's such a sweet love song. I feel like when you're so in love, it is as if you're a satellite-revolving around the other person like they're your whole world.

"New Slang" by The Shins
To be quite honest, I totally forgot about The Shins until they came on my Pandora the other day. I was so obsessed with them a couple of years ago and, again, at the end of high school. I first heard them on The O.C.- only one of the best shows to ever go off air. Whatever happened to Mischa Barton anyway? Rehab? Anyways, great song. 


"Daylight" by Matt and Kim
This song is just an altogether feel good song. It's another one of those songs that when it comes on, I immediately drop what I'm doing and start doing my crazy Mo Dance. Basically jumping up and down waving my arms around. It makes me so happy! And the beat, along with the rest of this album in general, is amazing. I have recently added a Matt and Kim Pandora station and it could possibly be my new favorite... Dave has a competitor! 


Stay tuned for my next post- a more mellow, jazzy one. Exciting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment