Monday, October 3, 2011

All About Adele!

 So, I've been in love with Adele since 2008 when Chasing Pavement hit the air waves. This past year has been HUGE for her and it makes me so excited that finally, people are catching on to the fact that she is such a talent. Her voice almost reminds me of the classic artists of the Jazz era like Billie Holiday and Etta James. Soulful, rich. And as much as I love "Someone Like You" and "Rolling in the Deep," I wanted to post some of her other, equally amazing songs. "To Make You Feel My Love" in particular is one of my favorites (even if it is a Bob Dylan cover!)


"Right As Rain" by Adele


"Hometown Glory" by Adele

"To Make You Feel My Love" by Adele

"Turning Tables" by Adele
I especially love the lyrics of this song. I feel like it captures the vulnerability of someone in an unhealthy relationship. There comes a point in that relationship, no matter how much you love the person, when you know you need to get out. All of a sudden, you're over it. Over the fighting, over the feelings of belittlement. You know you have to get out to be stronger for yourself. "Next time I'll be braver/ I'll be my own savior/ When, the thunder calls for me"



No comments:

Post a Comment