Monday, October 3, 2011

Can I get some RADIOHEAD??

Radiohead has always held a special place in my heart because of my sister. I can remember being in 10th grade, driving from Newark to Pittsburgh with my sister and having her ask me if I like Radiohead. Even though I had heard of them, I had no idea what songs they sang at all. But I'm pretty sure I was very blasé and said, "Yea, I love them" hoping Radiohead was a "them" and not a single person. But the statement ended up not being a lie. Because I do love Radiohead! Ever since my sister walked down the aisle to "There, There," it's been one of my favorite songs. The other songs I'll include in this post are also among my favorites.

"There, There" by Radiohead
When I first heard this was the song my sister chose to walk down the aisle to, I was a little confused. I only really knew the chorus: "Just cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there" which seemed a little conflicting to me. But then I looked up the rest of the lyrics and realized part of the song says, "Heaven sent you to me" which I felt was more fitting. For all I know my sister just liked the song, but I know I loved the fact she wasn't traditional and had a song all her own for her special day.
 "Black Star" by Radiohead
"15 Step" by Radiohead
"Bodysnatchers" by Radiohead
"Fake Plastic Trees" by Radiohead

No comments:

Post a Comment