Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Pumped Up

Ok, normally I'm not a fan of techno, especially the kind that's just a continuous droning bass beat. Annoying. BUT every now and then there are "tecnoesque" songs with WORDS and really good beats that get me super pumped up. Fist pumping and whipping my hair back and forth like Willow Smith :)

"Creator" by Santigold
I first heard this song on So You Think You Can Dance (best show everrrrrr) and immediately fell in love. It has a techno beat in parts, but it's almost like an Afro/Alien mix. Sort of creepy. But I like it.

"Barbara Streisand" by Duck Sauce
One word for this song: Fun. And this video in particular is awesome. I love the black girl with the hair wrap in the very beginning, because that's exactly how I look when I'm listening to this song. Minus the hair wrap.

"Raise Your Weapon" by deadmau5

"We Found Love" by Rihanna ft. Calvin Harris

"Take Over Control" by Afrojack
Even though this song reminds me of Smashboxx, one of the local Old Town clubs I am open about hating, I still like it. It's just that I feel like Shashboxx plays this song on repeat. Hearing it once: awesome. Hearing it for 2 hours: not ok. But that's probably me being judgmental and ultimately hating standing in line to get in a club that thinks it's this ultra hot spot when it's just a sweaty mash pit of creepy guidos. Ok, venting is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment